Kiki van Gurp – Sworn translator Dutch-English and English-Dutch
You’re looking for a sworn translator Dutch-English / English-Dutch in or near Den Haag? Contact me for a quote via +31 (0)6 20 20 30 03 or via email@example.com
Let me begin with a short introduction of myself
My name is Kiki van Gurp, in 2006 I graduated as translator Dutch-English and at the beginning of 2007 I was sworn in as a translator of English and Dutch at the District Court of The Hague [Rechtbank Den Haag]. Subsequently, from 2007 – 2008 I attended the Legal Translation Dutch English/English-Dutch course given by Chris Odijk in Amsterdam in order to broaden my knowledge and deepen my understanding of the law. As a sworn translator I am permitted to put my stamp on translations I make of official documents. For more information on who I am and how I came to be a translator, see Kiki van Gurp.
A wide range of interests
However, I do not solely translate and edit legal documents and texts, sworn or not, you can also call on me if you are looking for a translator for other sorts of texts. I have a wide range of interests including art, cinema, the environment, internet technology, literature, music, politics, science, theatre and travel. To gain some insight into my interests and inspirations, see Links.
Skills and competencies
What do I have to offer you as translator Dutch-English and editor?
- provide you with (sworn) translations of your documents and texts from English to Dutch and from Dutch to English;
- edit your Dutch and English documents and texts;
- correct your Dutch and English documents and texts, both in the grammatical and in the lay-out sense;
- proofread your Dutch and English documents and texts;
- write for search engines (SEO): composing and optimizing of titles, meta descriptions, texts et cetera thereby ensuring your target audience is better able to find you;
- adapt your Dutch and English texts for online use (html, xml, css);
- work in and with various content management systems (cms) and software programmes
My personal qualities
What do I personally add to the mix?
- committed and engaged;
- reliable and trustworthy
In short, if you are looking for an excellent translation and want it delivered on time, please e-mail me and I will reply to your enquiry as soon as possible, though within three working days at the latest. For information on previous translation assignments, see my CV.
Member of the NGTV [Netherlands Association of Interpreters and Translators]